Configuring Windows 10
Windows 10 forces old and possibly unstable graphics and chipset drivers to your system. A fix for that:
To properly disable automatic driver updates on Windows 10:
- Only possible on Windows 10 Pro! On Home-version, this might be achievable through registry editor.
- Search for Group Policy from Start Menu
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Do not include drivers with Windows Update > Enabled
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Prevent device metadata retrieval from the Internet > Enabled
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Specify search order for device driver source locations